We have supported several large projects with inspection and compliance of ATEX equipment in potentially explosive atmospheres and, together with our partner, we also provide hazardous area and Ex equipment training. Through our extensive knowledge and experience we can assist our clients in asset management and the verification and integrity of their ATEX equipment and systems. Our inspectors are also qualified electrical technicians capable of carrying out repairs to ATEX equipment and then re-inspecting and signing-off, so we can offer a complete package leading to full compliance.
Recently, ATEX certification has become a major issue for Korean and Chinese Yards and, although ATEX certification is generally included in the original EPC, it is seldom carried out to the standards required in the North Sea and other highly regulated waters.
We can provide the following services:
- Full Hazardous Area Ex Inspections for ATEX, DSEAR and EEHA compliance
- Independent Verification of all installed Ex equipment
- Ensure compliance with all standards and regulations
- Compile Ex Registers, verification dossiers and client databases
- Hazardous area and Ex equipment training
- Ex repairs
- Ex equipment installation and maintenance
- Ex surveys & risk assessments
- Gap analysis of your current inspection procedures
- Explosion protection documents
- Ex Project management
Recent examples of Atex experience include:
- Inpex CPF at the Geoje Shipyard in South Korea. The CPF is the largest semi-sub ever built – required to meet the strict conditions for AS/NZS compliance in Australia.
- Agip/ ENI – Kazakhstan: Inspection of D-Island on the massive Kashagan project in Kazakhstan. Contracted to carry out detailed ATEX inspections under IEC 60079-17, the industry standard for Hazardous Areas Electrical Inspections.
- Shell Bonga – Offshore installations in Nigeria – Inspected in association with our local partners.